This delicious and satifying recipe is so simple to prepare and will leave you with plenty of leftovers unless you’re serving a group of people. This dish is deceptively healthy and low calorie, too.
Ingredients, Makes 6 large servings or 12 small
1-1/2 lbs. zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
2 jars Fat Free 365 Organic Pasta Sauce (Whole Foods Market)
2 boxes Organic Lasagna noodles (gluten-free if you wish)
4 Roma tomatoes
1 bag of spinach
1 package sliced mushrooms
Gardein Beefless Ground
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees
– Place zucchini in roasting pan and lightly sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano
– Cook for 14 minutes or until zucchini is tender and remove from roasting pan, put aside
– Reduce oven to 375 degrees
– To assemble lasagna: coat bottom of roasting pan with pasta sauce; arrange lasagna noodles side by side; lay zucchini, then Roma tomatoes, then spinach. Spoon tomato sauce over spinach and repeat another layer using zucchini, mushrooms and beefless ground. Top with lasagna noodles and cover with tomato sauce so the noodles stay soft and don’t harden.
– Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes covered before serving.
Note: You can add vegan cheese if desired.